The beautiful headquarters of Restamax Plc. next to Tammerkoski in the city center of Tampere, were renovated in to its new splendor with a special reverence under the supervision of Museovirasto. The finished premises were handed to the client in December 2014.
The new headquarters of Restamax Plc. are located in a former palace designed by Carl Höijer in 1896. Today the place is better known as Matkailutalo. The building is located next to Tammerkoski, which is in the middle of Tampere. Matkailutalo has been fully revived and transformed into a stylish, but yet casual living room central to the whole city.
August von Trappe Belgian Bistro & Bar was opened in the downstairs of the building two months before. Matkailutalo was originally, until the 70’s, an office building for Verkatehdas on the eastern shore. It has also been a home for factory managers. Because the building was originally built for a fully different purpose, differing from the needs of today, the space planning for both premises was very challenging, but all more the interesting as we are not afraid of challenges. In addition to the space planning and interior designing, we were in charge of the project’s overall management.